There are two ways to set up your email on your iPhone.
Using the Microsoft Outlook app available free from the Apple app store. This is the recommended option.
Using the built-in Apple Mail App. This is not the recommended option, instructions are below.
Microsoft Outlook App - The recommended option
Before you start: Check your iOS version. Goto Settings -> General -> About. Find the 'iOS Version'. If it's below iOS 15.x you will need to update your device to the latest iOS. Version 15 is the lowest version of iOS supported by Microsoft Outlook. If your iOS is version 15 or above you can continue below.
Open the App Store on your phone and search for 'Outlook' - install the App and open it. You will be prompted for your email address and password to complete the setup.
Apple Mail - The built-in iOS email client.
Before you start: Check your iOS version. Goto Settings -> General -> About. Find the 'iOS Version'. If it's below iOS 12.x you will need to update your device to the latest iOS. Version 12 is the first version to support Microsoft's Modern Authentication which as of 1st October 2022 is required. If your iOS is version 12or above you can continue below.
1. On your iPhone home screen tap ‘Settings’
2. Scroll down and tap ‘Accounts & Passwords’
3. Tap ‘Add account’
4. Choose the second option “Exchange”
5. Fill in the required fields,
Description: Put your full email address here– Tap ‘Next’
6. Tap ‘Sign In’
7. You may be asked for your password here – Enter your password and click blue ‘Sign in’ button.
8. Click the blue ‘Accept’ button.
9. Wait for the account to be verified.
10. We recommend you switch OFF syncing of Contacts otherwise the exchange server will replace all the contacts in your phone with what’s in your Outlook address book.
11. Tap “Save”.
12. You have now successfully completed setting up your exchange account. Go back to your home screen and tap the mail icon to start sending/receiving emails using your exchange account!
Optional: By default, the iPhone only stores 1 week of email. To change this…
13. On your iPhone home screen tap ‘Settings’
14. Scroll down and tap ‘Accounts & Passwords’
15. Tap on your account.
16. Scroll down and tap ‘Mail Days to Sync’
17. Set to 1 month or No Limit*.
18. Close the email settings.
* Note: The No Limit setting will download an entire copy of your email to your phone – Only choose this option if you know you have enough room on your phone to store your complete email history. 64gig and above iPhones recommended.